B.Voc in fashion design is a unique 3 year program with well-defined curriculum coming to help students, gain exposure in design methodology, basic textile and product knowledge. The course will impart skills and techniques employed for specialized applications in fashion design. Industry visits and internships will give students an invaluable experience to interface between design and technicalities of production and retailing. The program is curated in a way that allows the students to identify areas of interest within the fashion industry. The program aims to equip the students with and in-depth understanding of the role of the designer in today’s fashion industry. The scope of the course is to place the student in a global fashion scenario at the end of the curricular path, students during the entire course get hands on experience on how the word fashion system works and evolves.
* Career orientation and inclination towards designing
* Aptitude in handling material sensitively
* Flair for drawing , sketching, designing
* Insclination towards learning and exploring new application
* Ability to work as a team
* Good level of general knowledge and awareness of contemporary issued and prospectives.
* Commitment of quality.
Career Prospects :-
* To be employed as fashion designers with design houses
* To work as a designers or merchandiser with exporters
* Flair for drawing , sketching, designingTo work as designers or merchandiser in large retail companies
* To work with NGOs as designers, facilitators
* To work as freelance designers
* To work as entrepreneur
Eligibility :- Pass in 10+2 (any stream) with minimum 50%